Toro Bravo turns 10

Its really kind of crazy to believe.  

I remember drinking cocktails on the opening night (after getting off a brutal 13 hr day of catering for Simpatica!)  I rocked out to Adam Green and Bruce Springsteen for years in the basement,  doing,  what seemed at the time, a literally endless litany of  prep tasks.  I spent a year and a half shooting the Toro Bravo Cookbook.  And thru all that,  I consider John and Renee two of my closest friends in Portland.  

So to be able to be on hand to celebrate the 10th anniversary was a true honor.  Its a gradual restart,  but in a week or so,  they will have returned to their full (and as you know) immense menu,  with all sorts of never before seen items.   So if its been a while,  stop in for a snack and a sherry-   or bring a posse and go crazy!   

But don't get me wrong... Its basically the same old Toro with some exciting new kitchen equipment,  lots more puffy banquets and one brand new big ol' octopus.













No comments:

Post a Comment